The History Center (https://fwhistorycenter.org/) in Fort Wayne (pictured at left in 1901) is home to the Allen County-Fort Wayne Historical Society, including its museum and collections. When formed in 1921, the society had few assets, consisting of some historical relics that had been preserved by the Mary Penrose Wayne Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution. Today we maintain a collection of more than 32,000 artifacts, photographs and documents representing the history of Fort Wayne and Allen County. The largest of these is the very building in which the society has resided since 1980 – the 1893 City Hall building, designed by Fort Wayne architects John F. Wing and Marshall S. Mahurin. The History Center also oversees the adjacent Barr Street Market, the oldest public space in Fort Wayne dating to 1837, and the 1827 home of Miami Chief Jean Baptiste de Richardville.